Wednesday, January 23, 2008

This is Going to Read Like One of Those Sappy AT&T Commercials...

So, I have a new Blackberry Curve, and I've been an AT&T customer since 100 years ago. I lost the case for the brand new phone. See, the case is important because this is a smart phone, and it knows when it's in its case. Besides, I was inadvertently dialing places like Australia. So, after lunch today, I went to the AT&T store on Northside Drive to buy a new case. Turns out, they didn't have any of the cases like the one that came with the phone. And, then, one of those remarkable little things that sort of restores your faith in human nature happened-the sales person, who apparently also has a Curve, gave me his case. "No," I said, "you don't have to do that." "Sure," he said, "I don't ever use it." We went back and forth like that for a minute before he insisted and I walked out of the store with his case. I swear to God I was not being a difficult whiny customer-he just did it.

And, so, many thanks Bret Standfield, AT&T sales consultant extraordinaire. You deserve a promotion-and, I've told your boss.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: