Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The information age and Georgia politics...

The new DPG website is nifty, but their list of Democratic reps needs updating. Also the blog entries at the DPG site need proofreading. Typos are easy to make...I surely make my share...but the distinction between "there" and "their" needs to be observed. That sort of error, unfortunately, is not picked up by spellcheckers. There is also no way to comment on the DPG blog items, at least not that I could find.
The Georgia General Assembly website has been very slow in producing usable information.
As late as about Jan. 20, it was mostly still "under construction." As of today, the senate list looks pretty good, except that the "list by district" shows only a map. The list of representatives is still incomplete, with about one in ten names (when you click on FACT SHEET) displaying a "404-Object not Found" message. The main page of the senate list helpfully shows the senator's party affiliation right next to the name. To find the party affiliation of the representatives, you have to click on FACT SHEET and read the pop-up. In several cases, the party affiliation is not listed there either. I am bringing these matters up because I have been trying most of the morning to locate reliable contact information for all our Democratic representatives and senators. Although 23 years in schoolhouses taught me patience, I must say that mine wore a little thin this morning.

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'll try and get the rep/senator list updated Tina.

Tina said...

The email addresses for Georgia's state senators as listed on the DPG website are not accurate. I'm involved in a project that is very important to me at least, and it was disappointing to have all those emails bounce back. They are mostly different from the ones listed on the GA General Assembly website.