Monday, March 12, 2007

Flack Attack


With this post, Jon Flack of Peach Pulpit has crossed the line. Call me out about politics all you want, but, basketball- that's a step too far. Apparently, Mr. Flack is a Jayhawks fan and takes exception to my support of the Tar Heels. I know that in Georgia, Democrats often favor the underdog, but, really, Jon, you have gone too far.


To hear Jon tell it, Kansas has yet to recover from Roy Williams, uhm, leaving Kansas to become head coach of UNC several years ago. Okay, I can understand that UNC winning the NCAA tournament that same year was a bit of a kick in the pants, but what can I say? We were due, and have not had a team as talented since. Until this year.


It is true that Kansas has deep basketball roots and a fine team, but consider this: UNC has twice as many NCAA Tournament victories as Kansas (4 to 2), and UNC is second only to Kentucky in number NCAA appearances and wins in tournament games. UNC is tied with UCLA for the most trips to the Final Four (16). We have the experience, the will and, yes, Jon, the coach. Hope to see your birds in the finals, Jon.

Sphere: Related Content

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have responded to your so-called "facts" about our teams with a few of my own.

You know, I think you are making the baby Smith cry...

Amy Morton said...

How's that headache, Jon?

Unknown said...

All I really have to say at this point is that I'm glad we get the "play-in" winner first round.

Amy Morton said...

It's an accomodation because they are tournament impaired.