Friday, May 19, 2006

Just Give Me the Gun

Once again, it appears that Democrats are poised to shoot ourselves in the foot, so just hand me the gun, and let's get it over with. Everyone has the right to their opinion and the right to express it. Discussion can be good, even great, but expression is not without consequence.

I count myself among the guilty when I say that Democrats are better than Republicans at a lot of things, but public flogging of our own leaders, our own candidates, nears the top of that list. Republicans, on the other hand, are much better at keeping the gun trained on us. We could learn a thing or two.

Either Mark or Cathy will be the Democratic candidate for Governor. I was once fearful that they would so bloody one another that the survivor would be too wounded to beat Sonny. I was only partially right. We're doing the bloodying. Perhaps I need to think- we need to think- about how our own words are going to be used to help Sonny get re-elected.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: