Friday, March 07, 2008

Double Standard

So, let me get this straight. Howard Wolfson, the paid spokesman for Hillary Clinton, makes a purposeful statement to the press comparing Obama to Ken Starr, and that's supposed to be okay, but Obama's volunteer economic advisor compares Clinton to a monster, and that's out of bounds. I don't know about you, but I thought Ken Starr was a monster. The truth is that both comments were out of line and offered absolutely nothing that elevated the debate in this very important election. If Obama's advisor has been on staff, she should have been fired, but she was a volunteer and has resigned. Where's Howard Wolfson's resignation?

Don't get me wrong, I'd like nothing more than for Obama and Clinton to put the gloves back on and refuse to attack each other-that's what would be in the best interest of the Party and the Country, but spare me the double standard.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: