Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Jim???

I could not possibly be more disappointed in my congressman than I am right now. Jim Marshall voted "no" on SCHIP. Flack has said it better than I can. I would like to say that I'm in shock, but I'm not. Marshall voted "no" on the last SCHIP bill that moved through the House.

Congressional Democrats are in real trouble. Bush has promised to veto this bill. If we do not come up with the margin needed to over ride the veto, then we are about to look as impotent on health care as we do in Iraq.

There are those who live in a fantasy land where the majority in an incompetent Congress with an approval rating of barely over 10% expands its margin at the next election and manages to get one of it's own members elected President. I don't live there. We are in real trouble not just in terms of whether or not we can win, but more importantly, in terms of whether or not we can lead.

Sphere: Related Content

5 comments:

Open+Transparent said...

Disgusted enough to explode. Democrats stand for f-ing nothing. Maybe if the kids who should be eligible for SCHIP answered pollsters...

Vic said...

I wish we could find someone creative enough to invent something like the internet instead of all this Carlyle group/VictorBout/Haliburton war machinery...

http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/ gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A291162

Nick said...

This is sad and he needs to answer his constituents on this. I am shocked and disappointed.

Lindsey said...

i am done with Marshall... he no longer deserves my votes.

Amy Morton said...

I don't know what the answer is here. I do know that I am more interested in important policy initiatives, like SCHIP, than whether someone says they're a Democrat. We must decide what it is we as a party are FOR.