Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It Was for ALL of Us

Like millions of people, in America and around the world, I will always remember where I was when Barack Obama won the presidency - in my living room with my family. It just seemed like the right thing. What a remarkable moment. I just listened as John McCain gave his concession speech, repeatedly noting what a great accomplishment this was for African Americans. That struck me as a little bit odd. Perhaps that was always a subscript of the Obama campaign, but it was never the top note. This victory, and all it symbolizes, is for ALL of us. It is historic and remarkable accomplishment that we-such a diverse, massive group of Americans-have overcome fear of difference and overwhelmingly elected Barack Obama. Remarkable for him. Remarkable for all of us.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: