Monday, August 25, 2008

Roll models for Ava and Isabelle

Tonight we have already heard from Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi and Minnesota Senator Amy Clochbuchar and will soon hear from Michelle Obama. I can't help but thinkof my niece, Ava and my God daughter, Isabelle because, partisanship aside, hopefully they will never know a time where women are not serving in the highest levels of their professions or government.

The generations of women who came before me made it easier for me to become a lawyer and to run for office. I look forward for more barriers crumbling so that by the time Ava and Isabelle are ready there will be no limit to their dreams. Of course I'm hoping those dreams will contain donkeys, but I'll support them no matter what!

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: