Monday, February 04, 2008

I May Not Have to Surrender My Feminist Card After All...

Kate Michelman, former president of NARAL, initially supported John Edwards for President. Huffington and The Swamp report that, with Edwards out of the race, Michelman has now endorsed Barack Obama. Here's part of what she had to say:

Barack Obama, like John Edwards, is redefining what is possible and in so doing he's changing us, each one of us. Many who had given up on politics are re-engaging. Many who had grown tolerant of the intolerable are now ready to demand more ­ and not just from themselves but others. And many who had given up believing that the ideals of equality, dignity and justice would ever again be as politically important as money and power, now believe again. And this too is why I'm endorsing Senator Barack Obama.


Well said.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Don Thieme said...

I think that Barack qualifies as a feminist. Hopefully, his wife will have fewer sacrifices to make than Hillary has. I might very well be supporting her were I a woman, however. There is not that much difference between them on the issues.