Sunday, April 22, 2007

Will Special Session Impact Brown's Plans?

I will not be among those who are guessing about whether Sen. Robert Brown will run for Mayor, but I wonder whether the prospect of a special session will impact his decision, or, if he intends to run, further delay his announcement. If he does enter the race, it is his to lose.

The rumor around town has been that Brown, now Senate minority leader, intends to announce his candidacy for Mayor of Macon this week. The person who told me that seemed quite certain, just as certain, in fact, as the person who told me that he is definitely not running. Should Brown choose to run for Mayor of Macon, I think that he would ultimately find himself in a runoff with local attorney Robert Reichert for the Democratic nod. Without Brown in the race, I predict that either Lance Randall or Anita Ponder will be in that runoff with Reichert.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Tina said...

I'm not a Maconite, but seems to me that any of the above would serve the city well.